Tuesday, July 17, 2007

For the record - bush/cheney

I'm not psychic. I don't read tarot cards. I've never been trained in remote viewing. I have no un-natural powers of any kind, except for a strange smell ;-)

What I do have is an amazing ability to see through the bull. Al Quaida is all over the news today, and apparently they are once again something we should worry about. Is it coincedence, serentipity, synchronicity, or just plain manipulative?

Bush wants to keep his war. Most Americans want our soldiers out of there. Republican Congress and Senate members have jumped off the cheney/bush wagon. Bush is throwing his hail mary again. And why not, it worked before. We're in this war to begin with because he waved al quaida in our faces. Use fear to stir up the hornets nest, again.

Al quaida is the only card Bush has left. Of course he is going to use it. If he had taken care of the problems that were responsible for the al quaida attack to begin with instead of persuing this ridiculous war on Iraq, maybe we'd feel safe again.

If I had a crystal ball I would say that we don't need to fear al quaida. That's not to say we have nothing to fear at all, for we have plenty to fear. We should be afraid of our president and vice president. We should fear their legacy.

1 comment:

  1. Fighting Al Qaida in a traditional sense is just pure stupidity. This is like guerrilla warfare, but the soldiers are essentially ordinary folks. Bush/Cheney are applying old-fashioned thinking to a newfangled problem! I'm not sure what the solution is, but it makes some sense to me that it should be some intelligent combination of mercenaries and infiltration.

    ReplyDelete