Sunday, June 08, 2008

Redesigned

For some reason I thought making my blog look like this was going to be very difficult! It wasn't. On a construction blog, I downloaded a template from pyzam.com so that I could fix the background while the rest of the blog scrolled. The template I picked made all of the posts transparent - which was cool for text - but not photos. In the end, I liked the text floating with no separate post background. It almost gives it a floating in space feel. It definitely gives the blog appearance some depth.

The background picture came from Nasa's Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). It is the Blue Lagoon Nebula, and I think it is beautiful. Most nebulae look very beautiful when the Hubble telescope looks at them. The header image also came from APOD. It is the Hubble Ultra Deep Space Image.

I used GIMP, a photoshop program I downloaded for free and am just learning how to use, to scale and crop it to the right size.

I think I'll leave it like this for a while, and see if it continues to please my visual senses. What do you think of it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment