Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's just not that bad!

I googled sprained ankle pics tonight and guess what? My ankle looked sooooo gooood! Actually, the swelling has subsided almost completely and the bruising is minimal. It feels pretty good until about 4 hours into work on that horrid cement floor! I am beginning mild exercises (writing the alphabet with my toes in the air) and things are looking quite hopeful. Next week I should be able to ease back into my walks. I will start working on balance and strength then. I am also beginning to massage the tendon, quite gingerly mind you, to keep the fluids flowing in order to prevent so much scar tissue from forming.

I'm starting to get the hang of my new job now too, I think. I worked really hard tonight, and only made a couple of mistakes, and those were minor. And payday is already coming! It's been a long time since I had an actual payday!

But now it is time to relax and unwind.

I have tomorrows installment of the Scrutator almost finished! I'll bet all of you readers just can't wait! Well, I can't, and I really do just write them for my own purposes. I learned in cognitive processes that our memories are not terribly accurate. As time passes, they change as new experiences happen. That's why journals are so important. Once you write it down you can check back and there it is, the truth of what really happened. Or the truth as you perceived it at the time anyway. And a blog journal is especially cool because you can post pics and links to what you found!

See ya tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment