Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Happy One Month Anniversary, Sweety!

It has been a month now, I can hardly believe it! In some ways it feels like I’ve known you my entire life, and yet, I really don’t know you at all. You’ve opened pathways in my soul that I didn’t know existed. You’ve led me through doors in my heart that give no escape. I’ve gone too far now to ever turn back, I’ve seen too much to ever want to leave.

I need you to walk with me now, through this unfamiliar landscape, and share with me the things it so freely offers. The flowers, bright and beautiful, perfume the air with joy and bliss. The sun warms the earth with love and safety, casting shadows of hope in our unknown future. The sweet rivers of happiness meander and twist through every moment. I shout my devotion to you from the highest mountain.

Your arms bring me the peace of knowing your love, your smile assures me of your devotion, and your kisses coax the butterflies in my heart to flutter with excitement. You’ve come to me now, at the end of an old life, ready to help me explore the best things that are yet to come. We celebrate the eve of us.

Dale is so sweet; I think I might actually be getting a toothache.

So, I got to rock climb on Saturday. It was a heartbreaking first half-climb as the shoes I borrowed were much too narrow and small to do anything but wish I could just die. But then Dale took put his climbing shoes on me and taped them up really well, and I discovered a fun like I’ve never known.

My toes magically gripped the smallest rock crevices, and lifted me into the next, my widespread hands caressed the rock and gave me leverage, and my fingertips grasp the tiny ledges and pull me along. I imagine it is a lot like being Spiderman. It is magic, a waltz with the rocks. And Dale kept me safe; I knew he would never let me fall.

We will go climbing again Thursday and Friday. He is planning to spend way too much money on me. He is so romantic and giving. He is exactly what I’ve always wanted, and so much more. I never knew how wonderful it really is to have someone who genuinely wants to take care of me. I never knew how safe it makes me feel to want to be taken care of.

His eyes are so blue.

He makes great mochas for in the morning, and serves me in bed.

He lays out my favorite fruits for breakfast.

He makes me peanut butter sandwiches for lunch.

He touches me as though he’s never known such beauty.
He loves me.

I love him.

It is a very happy beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, so cute. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you guys still together? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.

    short love messages

    ReplyDelete