Friday, June 27, 2008

Scrutator: I'll Miss George Carlin!

This is a March 19, 2004 file photo of actor and comedian George Carlin posing in a New York hotel . A publicist for George Carlin says the legendary comedian has died of heart failure at a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday June 22, 2008. (AP Photo/Gregory Bull/file)

George Carlin died this week. I always appreciated his way of exposing humanity's inconsistencies. He told it like he saw it, and was able to do it in a way that made people laugh.

He is greatly missed.





OMG! I've been making the wrong kinds of sculptures! Can you believe that someone would actually spend that much time and money ($42,000) on this sculpture? I don't care if it was done with "irony and humor" in mind! The article says that "An enema is almost a symbol of our region." Well, now just when I thought I'd just about heard it all, someone goes and does something this distasteful. I guess that's the new art for you.





Blogger Buster is hosting a contest for people who come up with good suggestions for making Blogger better. I don't really need some of the things she is offering as prizes (what would I have to advertise after all?), but I do have some ideas. So I headed over to Blogger Wishlist and told them "captions for photographs are extremely frustrating. They don't actually look like captions in that they are not centered under the photo - but look like part of the text of the post. Please make captions easier for us non-html literate people!" We'll see if that helps. Another thing that would be fun is to be able to change the background for individual posts. I was able to find a function to put in the style sheet that allows me to make the background black for posts that are mostly photos, but it only goes to one color for all posts. Photos in general are rather frustrating in blogger. I would like to be able to line my photos up across the page in blocks (kind of like thumbnails). I suppose if I was very good, I would make tables to do that with, but why can't blogger set up a way for us to do it without so much trouble?




I'm moving to Mars! The soil there is perfect for growing asparagus, and we all know there is no tastier vegetable! Wait - what about tomatoes? I can't live without tomatoes!







It's short isn't it? There isn't much change happening in my head right now. It's summer and things are slowing down - for now.

1 comment:

  1. Im not sure about new art either!

    I like some of your blogging ideas.

    ReplyDelete