Thursday, May 06, 2010

May 6, 2010

I looked out my window and what did I see?
Not popcorn popping on the apricot tree!

No really, folks - it's MAY for crying out loud.  This climate change is starting to really bum me out!  Look, I'm 46 now, and I'm used to having nice weather in May.  That's how it's been for most of my life and I don't like this change.  We should be having thunder storms, or sunshine.  Maybe even some hail.  BUT NOT SNOW!  I HATE SNOW!  (By the way, this picture was taken from my office window at ISU! - There was an earthquake in Utah a couple of weeks ago and I was up here when it happened.  I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden I felt the earth moving all around.  I just thought it was menopause.  It turned out to be an earthquake that people on the third floor or above in hi-rise buildings - at ISU - could feel)

To top it all off - I have a cold!  Well, I always get sick at the end of the semester, so I guess I can't really complain.  But I am complaining because if Ellie comes this week, I won't get to help welcome her home!  I just can't risk making her sick.  And she could come any day - that's what Megan's doctor says.  And everyone is so excited to get to meet her.  She is going to be so cute, and lovable, and huggable and happy!

The good news is I'm nearly done with grading.  I think.  And I have some goals set for next year.  This summer will be spent getting my proposal ready so that I can propose at the end of August and get all of my participants run during the fall semester, do all the statistical analyses and defend by spring!  Hey, it could happen.  All I have to do is work my butt off!  Sounds like fun!

I had to come to school early today for the 101 final (to give it, not take it).  I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep (cold/menopause combo?).  At about 5:45 I dozed off.  I was sitting with some school friends (though my awake mind has no idea who the people in my dream were), and I told a funny joke.  I don't remember the joke, it's just as well, it probably wasn't funny.  I looked at the clock and it was 7:03. I jumped up to get ready to go, because I had to be at school at 7:30 am. (I am still dreaming).  I went into the bedroom area to see that water was gushing out of all of the vents!  Things were getting soaked.  I picked up Zach's backpack (which looked suspiciously like mine to my waking mind), and put it on the bed.  I was somewhat upset because I had to go to school, I had all of the tests!  Luckily, I have this amazing ability to wake up, which is just what I did.  And in time to get to school and get the tests to the students.

I still hate the snow.  Especially on May 6, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. You need to get out of Pocetello! It's just windy here and even windier in Twin. No snow to be seen though, which is good! So I'm thinking that if Ellie doesn't come on her own by my next appointment I will schedule to have her next Thursday. How does that sound to you? :) Then I won't have any tests or anything to worry about anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds wonderful. I guess I need to come back on Monday to finish up with grading papers, but I am all done with that. Have her when she comes! or on thursday, which ever happens first

    ReplyDelete