Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Go Packers!


Green Bay Packers are on a role this year, and I couldn't be happier. I had decided that with their eminent demise as evidenced by the past few seasons, that I would be a Seattle Seahawks fan instead. Makes sense, Seattle isn't that far from where I live. But this year, the Packers have recaptured my heart. Brett looks as good as ever, and I mean his playing too, not just his...

Anyway, 34-0. Of course Fox thought the game was boring and switched it in the 3rd quarter to the Eagles - yuk! So I went out and burned branches in the back yard for the rest of the day.

I got contact lenses yesterday. I love them. I'm not supposed to wear them all the time yet, so the glasses I hate so much are still on my face. By next week though, contacts all the way!

I never really get to study the iris of my eye when I'm wearing glasses. It is distorted and there is always glare. Without the glasses I couldn't see well enough. I put the contacts on yesterday and really got a good look. I can't believe how much they have changed over the past few years. I used to have quite a bit of brown right around the pupil, but now that has really lightened up and is more gold. I have some black specks here and there where I thought I had dark brown spots. My eyes are green now. I imagine in a few years they will be gray. I guess that genetics stuff isn't set in stone.

The novel: I have three papers to write over fall break next week. I have been studying for two tests this week. I had to clean the back yard up or the city was going to throw me in jail. They don't care that my son, who has autism, likes to collect things. Ok, so most of the things he likes to collect are things most people throw away. They look interesting to him, so he collects them, and he has more time to collect them than I have to throw them away. Besides, it is easier to get him to agree to throw things away when the city is sending us threatening letters.

Anyway, I have been to busy to give the novel the kind of justice it needs. I picked a story that means something to me, so I want to do it right. And November is an arbitrary time frame. I will continue the novel between semesters, and in the summer. I think I might actually have something worth the effort here.

Gotta go, I'll be late for my next class!

0 comments:

Post a Comment