Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!


Valentine bouquet Posted by Picasa Another Valentine's Day come and gone. My valentines came in the form of a good friend and great kids. Still no significant other, which is a common theme for me on Valentine's day, yet this year it hasn't bothered me in the least. The school office filled up with thousands of dollars worth of red, pink and white artistic compilations that will only be enjoyed for a few short days. The flowers my friend bought me were very sweet and beautiful, the dinner with my kids was great. The items were only temporary. The flowers will die, the dinner will be processed and eliminated (with any luck at all) and the cards will be recylcled. The memories, however, are forever. I have them now, they will remain with me.

Neither gift was given as a trade for my affection. They weren't given to declare a love that must be returned. They were simply genuine gifts of sincerity - yes, I thought enough of you to actually think of you when you were not present. I like you enough of you to show you that. You see, you do matter!

I do matter!


What makes this drawing a Valentine's Day Bouquet? What doesn't make it a Valentine's Day Bouquet? What is it? What is it not?

What it is is a special part of who I am, and I think enough of the viewer to share it with you, which makes it a sincere gift. Once again I give back a small piece of my (he)art.

0 comments:

Post a Comment