Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I've Got the Googles!

That’s right! I have this cool stat counter that tells me who visits and how they found my blog. I have been getting googled - a lot - it turns out.

It started out innocently enough. Someone looked up “happy one month anniversary” and found the little thing I wrote about Dale a year ago. Then people were looking up “have you seen aliens” and found my Have you seen this alien” post that I put with the picture I drew of a special alien.

I have been googled four times over why a degree is important. A lot of people get my site with googling universe and synchronicity together. Someone googled “Enlightenment and Eddie Traversa”. Unfortunately, they got a page of journaling and probably never made it to the place where I wrote about him. Oh well.

Someone googled Shoshone falls anniversary and got to see some of my pictures of Shoshone falls! I hope they liked them. I got a hit on big foot! I’m glad I went back and rewrote that post so that it at least made a little sense. Someone else was googling Randy Hansen. I wonder if they read the post “Simpler times.” I liked it.

I even came up on an Oprah Winfrey + Blue October search! That’s way cool. Today someone was googling Dr. Wayne Dyer, and found my highway sign post. Someone googled “seal of authenticity on new laptop looks melted” and clicked on my site. I wonder what they thought. Some one looked up “I’m so tired I could sleep for a year” and found the “I’m so tired, I could sleep” post. That title was supposed to be more reflective of the song “I’m so lonesome, I could cry” but I’ll bet I’m the only one who knew that.


Someone wanted to know “does treatment help autism?” They found a post I wrote about whether treatment changes the individual. I recently got googled by someone looking for autistic adults. My page came up first on the search! Pretty cool! They clicked on the links to find my favorite autistic bloggers! They clicked back and forth four times! I hope they found what they were looking for. That makes me feel good, like my blog had a good purpose. I like my blog a lot, I’m sure that I am the only one who likes my blog as much as I do, but it really feels good to know I might have helped someone learn something they aren’t being exposed to through the media so much.

I get a lot of traffic from someone in China. There is no referring link, and I don’t know if that is because they are looking specifically at my blog from afar, or if search sites in China don’t come through as referring links. I kind of like the idea of having a foreign lurker. It ranks right up there with going in to put something into or taking something out of my safe deposit box. It’s so cloak and dagger!

Megan rarely visits my blog. In fact, she only visits when I tell her to when she’s here using my computer! So, Megan, if you happen to read this, it’s a hint!

Well, all of that aside, I think it’s cool my blog comes up so much on google searches. I used to have a really hard time finding my blog on google, and I was googling post titles. I don’t know what is different. It could be the stat counter. It could be the age of the blog. I don’t know, but I think it’s kind of cool.

So, I feel like a schoolgirl, hanging with her friends, and making a ruckus in class because

I’ve got the googles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment