Saturday, November 03, 2007

Thank You, Dear Cheerleaders!

5406 words is what I have written to date. I'm even a little ahead of schedule. It really doesn't take long to write a couple thousand words once you get a rhythm going. What helps the most is channeling your characters. I didn't think the nurse was ever going to introduce herself to me. Last night I dreamt about the boyfriend. He really is a really swell guy. I am looking forward to seeing how he affects the situation. Maybe I'll go back a little and try to fix the uncomfortable scene I was trying to write about that first day. I can probably get another 500 words just out of that.

I think I need to do a little research and see what kind of group homes are available around here for very young mothers. I don't see how we aren't going to end up there. (In my novel)

I'm having fun. I have even had time to research consciousness and neuroscience for my metatheory of psychology. Consciousness is still the one thing no one seems to be able to agree on. I'm thinking the human brain is like the computer, only it evolved to work so much better and be so much more productive. Well traveled freeways to hard to follow bunny paths. Neural pathways traveled at the release and reuptake of a variety of neurotransmitters. So much more complex than today's computers, and so much more evolved. I don't think computers can have a stream of consciousness with the digital matrix. I could be wrong, but I really think you have to have the analog format to have a linear stream of consciousness. Just a thought to put in my paper. I have to research it, though, just in case someone else said it first. Must give credit where credit is due!

It feels good to finally be putting this novel into words. The characters have been sulking in my consciousness (the imagination part of it) for about 6 years now. My heroin changed the color of her hair, and her boyfriend became much more respectable. Vanessa is just about what I thought she'd be.

I tried to update my nanowrimo profile page, but their site is down. I wonder if they are now questioning the sanity of switching everything around a month before it had to work. It isn't working, so I bet they are. I'll keep writing anyway. It seems to be helping my mood a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment