Sunday, March 09, 2008

Treating a Sprained Ankle

Something bad happened this past Monday. I sprained my ankle. I'm ok, it's probably between a 1st degree and 2nd degree sprain. It is bad because on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have so much walking to do to get to my classes. I didn't get to see a doctor until Tuesday afternoon and I got a rockin' ankle brace and some advice to ice. She said it would be a couple of weeks before it was back to normal functioning and six weeks until complete healing.

So, of course, I really couldn't give the poor ankle the rest it needed until this weekend. I found that I was using the ice-bag a lot and began to wonder if I was doing it right. So I googled it! I found this great advice. I am posting it here so that I will be able to find it again should I re-injure the ankle (which is common apparently).

2 comments:

  1. Painfull.
    Hope you did manage to rest it. Im not good at resting things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're recovering well! I'm trying something new for my aches and pains -- gin-soaked raisins! About 8 of them every day are supposed to be great for inflammation (as are berries and other yummy foods).

    ReplyDelete