Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Navy Blue Angels

The Navy Blue Angels are in Twin this week for a show at the airport this weekend. I can't go because I'm poor, and I have to work. But they have been practicing a lot this week, and today, Zach and I went out the the airport to watch them practice.

I have to say it was eery. First of all, they flew right over our car on the way. Then we got there and watched them do some trick and then they disappeared for a while. Then, we could see them coming from far off in the distance. In a matter of seconds they were close enough to see the designs on the planes. They were completely silent, and it wasn't until they got really close that we could hear this eery scream, and it wasn't until they passed over us and were heading off in the other direction that we could hear the full force of the engines.

I know some things about sound waves and how they work, and even so, it was surreal! Imagine if I didn't know what was going on! I wonder how many ufo sightings are really fighter planes.

Another thing that I thought about was the people who live in war zones. I am so glad I don't have to worry about not knowing about an attack until things were blowing up.

And, those guys are crazy, ok? They have this cute little trick where they're flying right into each other and they look like might crash. Can you imagine practicing that maneuver for the first time? I can't. Actually, come to think of it, it sounds kind of fun!

Someday, I'll get a chance to fly that fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment