Friday, August 08, 2008

Scrutator: Olympic Sized?

I have come to the decision that I will not continue to work while going to school. Megan helped me with this decision by needing knee surgery (like Tiger Woods) and wants me to help take care of her while she is recovering. Zach helped when he received a letter from the low income housing folks who say his name has finally come up. That means he will finally get a chance to live out on his own like an adult! It also means I need to make sure I am available to help at a moments notice when necessary. I took the job to help me pay bills through the summer, and I have accomplished that. I didn't really expect to enjoy it as much as I have. They will put me on the sub list - that way I won't have to quit cold turkey!




Spoiler alert: if you haven't seen it yet and you plan to, skip ahead to the next section. Zach and I went to see the new X-Files movie. I was a little disappointed. It was very suspenseful, but it was really gross. There were no aliens. It was a psychic theme that included some really weird Russian Frankenstein scientist crap multiplied by the "come on people, let's move on with our lives already" pedophile priest. Anyway, the way the movie was hyped probably had a lot to do with the let down.

I have noticed that movies that are advertised with secrecy are doing so because the movie isn't as good as it could be. This should really say something to movie producers. The innuendos you plan to spread about your movie on talk shows should actually be in the movie! Imagine how much more fun the movie would have been if Amanda Peet was really an alien!








The Olympics start today. I like the gymnastics and running portions. I kind of like the fancy diving too. But, I will still be working through most of it, so I will most likely miss most of it.



Oh well.





Football may not be over for me after all! I guess that now I'll just have to be a Jets fan!

I do have reservations, however. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out. It is somewhat reminiscent of Joe Montana, except the 49ers allowed Joe to finish out his career with his self respect and favorite team. What was the point in putting up a huge fight just to prevent Brett from playing for another team. Come on folks, he's either washed up or he isn't.

I wonder what Brett will decide to move on to. He still has most of his life ahead of him, but he did chose a profession that requires a very early retirement. He will eventually have to find something else to do with his life.




And that's about it for this weeks not-so-olympic-sized scrutator.

0 comments:

Post a Comment