Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It's time for a new post

I have a lot to say. Really. Unfortunately, I don't have time to say it all. Well, maybe not unfortunately for you :)

So, I am back in school. Grad school. I feel like I have been moving non stop for three weeks now with stopping to breath for short moments. I finally got an apartment in Pocatello, and have spent two nights in it. It's not much of an apartment, it was dirty and I had to clean it. It is an old building and I climb three flights of stairs to get to it (something that hit home when I brought stuff from home this weekend and made multiple trips up carrying heavy loads). I am in classes with some of the brightest, articulate kids I have ever seen! So far, I am behind in all of my work, and I look at these kids and wonder how I got lucky enough to be in the same program they are in. Hopefully, I'll catch up and not feel so inadequate. The new apartment will help.

I was moving stuff out of my old home and taking some to my new house and some to my new apartment. I got to a place where it finally looks like I really don't live there anymore. I burst into tears. This is the house my grandma and grandpa bought when I was 4 years old. When I was a tween, they moved into it, and I spent the best years of my youth in this house. I raised my two children in this house. It has always been my home. Until this weekend.

I cried half way to Pocatello. I finally managed to stop by reminding myself that the house is falling apart and really isn't any fun to live in. Eventually, the bathroom floor will cave in. My new house is amazing. My dad built it. It has lots of room for my art, for exercise, for visiting kids (grandkids someday) and it will definitely outlive me. It's pretty too. My dad built all of the kitchen cabinets by hand with recycled wood. It is so pretty! I know I am going to be building a lot of really happy memories in that house. Nothing to be sad about there. The truth is, it isn't the house that makes a home. It's the people who live in it who make it warm and wonderful.

I think Zach might actually have a real friend now. That is really wonderful. They seem to get along really well, and seem to be on the same level. I hope this really lasts for him.

I'm getting a new computer this week. It's a HP Pavilion dv4-1430us Entertainment Laptop. It's not a macbook. I seriously considered one because a fellow grad student told me they are wonderful. Unfortunately, they are hard to come by around here, which I think is a bit of a problem. They are also about three times as much as what I will be paying for this new hp. I have had really good luck with hp so far. It has a lot more memory and capability than my current computer. And its battery should last long enough to take notes in class. This computer dies after about 18 minutes now. I am going to give this one to Zach. He is so excited about it too.

I am also planning to get this sofa/bed. If I buy it from Target online it's $159.99. It was on sale this weekend at Target in Twin, but they didn't have any left, so they gave me a rain check that is good until 9/22. It also says it is good at all Target stores for $99.99, but not online. I am going to drive to Idaho Falls to see if they have one this week. It will be nice because I am sleeping on an air mattress, which is comfortable, but it's hard to get up from it. Being that it is on the floor and all. I am getting old, and standing up from the floor is getting more difficult all the time.

My sister friended me on myspace. I knew she had a myspace page, and was keeping tabs on her. But after she friended me she was bragging about having a date night with Dale and how excited she was. Then, the day after, she wrote about how awful the date went because she and Dale got so drunk. Apparently he hasn't been treating her very well. Who could have guessed that? I really wanted to comment on her date by saying I am so glad he isn't my headache any more, but I didn't. I thought that might be too mean. Funny, but mean. Truthful, but mean.

I only get a few tv channels here in my new apartment. I only get ABC. No PBS, no CBS, and no NBC. Jimmy Kimmel is on now. I am so not laughing. I am so not amused.

Did you read about the president's speech. I thought it was great. I wish someone had told me those things when I was a kid. This country is in trouble, though. There were parents who actually pulled their kids out of school today so they wouldn't see it. How sad is it that people have been so brainwashed by the right wing pundits that they won't trust the president of the United States of America to address our kids. We elected this person. He is trying to do the things we asked him to do. No one is happy with him because he is doing the job his way. Liberals don't think he is going far enough, conservatives think he is going to far. Is Democracy doomed to fail? I think we will see the answer to that in my lifetime.

Hmm. I guess I did have time to write about it all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment