Thursday, February 08, 2007

$70,000 Joy


I couldn’t help myself. I wanted to write something a little creative, and this is a bit of a stretch for me. This really is a rather impressive little car. I wouldn’t mind taking one out for a spin myself. Do you suppose I would be all man if I did? Kidding, really.

The morning sun bounced off the chrome of his brand new toy. He finally had one, a brand new Lexus SC 430 Luxury Convertible. He sank further into the heated, magnificently tailored, camel leather seat and gripped the espresso bird's-eye maple accent steering wheel with his left hand while caressing the gearshift in his right. His foot, heavy with excitement, pressed deep into the accelerator. The 288 horsepower v8 engine launched him down the highway.

Nickelback blasted in the 240 watt stereo system as he checked the expressions on the faces of the people he passed. They were all quite impressed. The wind tousled his thick black hair. If this wasn’t heaven, he didn’t know what was.

The black road snaked before him. He negotiated each turn with precision, the car responding to his every touch. The smoky granite paint reflected the passing flora along the road. He drove faster and faster. His heart leapt with joy.

“So, you can buy happiness, and it only sets you back $70,000!” he thought to himself. A smile crept across his face. He was master of his own universe, captain of his life. Oh, yes, he was all man now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment