Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Unfrozen



It has been so warm this week! It feels like spring already. It was so nice today that I decided to head down to the falls. It’s a little earlier that I usually go, but it was still fun and beautiful.

I was quite surprised to see so much water coming over the falls. We have had a fairly dry winter and I just kind of assumed that they would be dry as well. The roar is always something that surprises me. I wish I could put it here. I guess I could if I had a digital camera! Maybe I’ll have to look into that.

Last year when I went, I was feeling just as frozen as all of the beautiful ice one the south side of the canyon. This year, I am flowing free, just like all of that wonderful water crashing over the giant pillars of basalt.

My life didn’t freeze up this winter. January came and went this year without as much as a whisper. Everything was grey and brown and sleeping. The snows came and went. The skies were cloudy and foreboding. It was cold and bitter. But I wasn’t.

Now I am living my life, not watching it pass me by. I am the water that is flowing down the river and out to the ocean. I am happy and content to know that I am moving in the right direction. I am free and unencumbered. I am excited to see what happens next.


But today, I saw the ice. I felt such empathy for the water that is unable to move. I desire to share with it the freedom I now have.

I am happy. I know I am where I am meant to be. As for the ice, I can only offer my deepest love and compassion. You are beautiful as you are, but I know your pain. When the time comes, you, too, will melt and become free again. When that day arrives, we will all play and splash in the sunshine - together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment