Friday, February 02, 2007

Big Foot, Big slug, Big tree.


A couple of years ago, Zach and I went on a two week Vacation through Oregon and Northern California. While we were there, we came upon some amazing creatures, all very large. I hadn't seen things like these before, so, of course, I took pictures.

I don't really remember taking this picture. I have a vague recollection of being curious about what that was in the forest, just out of reach. I probably watched it for a while, and, when it didn't move, took the picture and moved on.

When I got home, I looked through my pictures and oh, my, gosh! I have to say, it really looks like big foot, don't you think? Even printed out and enlarged, it looks like big foot. Actually, when it is blown up as big as you can get it without being distorted by too much pixel distortion, it looks like it has a face and is carrying something, like a baby.



Come on, you have to admit that it really does look like big foot. If I had known at the time I took this picture that it would look so much like Bigfoot, I would have found a way across the creek to find out what it really was. As I look at this picture now, I wish I could walk over and see what it is.


I didn't walk away thinking it was big foot at the time. But if I had been clever enough, I could have made a little money off of it by selling it to the tabloids. I can see the headlines now. "Big Foot Spotted at Still Creek Carrying Big Foot Infant" Oh well, it would have been fun. But I missed the opportunity.



I couldn't believe how big the slugs were at the campsite we stayed at near Crescent City California. The mice couldn't compete with this slimy hippo. They were kind of cool though. This little guy was hanging out near a water source, so I grabbed him and set up this photo. I tried to get Zach to sit behind it and act like he was screaming because it was going to eat him, but he wasn't in the mood. I think he was 17 at the time. You know how 17 year olds can be.



Even the trees were larger than life. Some of them had been involved in Forest fires that hollowed them out at the bottom. A person could definitely find shelter in them.

Everything about that vacation was larger than life. Zach and I went rounds, then got along really well, then we'd go rounds again. Going on vacation with Zach is always interesting. I didn't go on this vacation alone, but there were definitely times when I felt alone.

Troubles, or no, it was so much fun, and I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Someday, when I'm better educated and making more money, I will go on more of these vacations. One of my teachers keeps saying that it should be a law that every person get out of Idaho for at least two weeks every year. He even says it should be more than just crossing one border too. I agree with him.

It sounds pretty good, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment