Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday? What so super about it?

Ok, I know. I KNOW!

Remember when I hinted that Megan might need a maid of honor for herself? Well, Steve proposed to her! They have scheduled the ceremony for May 24, 2008. Yes, just two weeks after finals. But, I am really happy for her. I think she has found a really good guy, and they seem to be a good fit. I think this one is the forever kind.

School is trudging along. We have two bus drivers. The Tuesday/Thursday guy is a really good driver (I watched him drive through a horrible winter storm last week, so I know!). The Monday/Wednesday/Friday guy is afraid to drive.

Last Monday, we hit a snow storm and he couldn't see the road, so we pulled over at a truck stop to wait, which was fine with me. What wasn't fine with me was that we waited AT LEAST a half hour longer than we needed to before he drove us back home. Visibility was greatly improved, I could see at least a mile. But he wanted to wait until it got lighter so he could see. Grrrr! I would have driven myself up that day, but we didn't get back in time for me to make it on time.

Then on Wednesday, I didn't give him the chance - I don't know if they went. Friday, the roads were closed until 9:30, so that wasn't his fault. I drove up for my lab, because I really needed to be there.

Yesterday, I looked on the Idaho Transportation Department site to see if the roads were closed. I84 from the I86/I84 junction to the Utah/Idaho border was closed, but I86 was open from mile marker 1 to Pocatello. I showed up to the pick up site (5:10 a.m.!) just to be told by this driver that the roads were closed to American Falls. I was so mad! I filled my car up with gas (the gas tank, not the car) and drove to Pocatello. No, the roads weren't closed. There was a 3-5 mile stretch where visibility was bad due to blowing snow, but other than that, it was fine.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I know bad weather is still coming.

Last Monday was horrible. I don't really know what is going on with Zach. He thinks the medication he is on is not working. He threw a tantrum last Monday and my left arm (and a few other parts) ended up all black and blue. It scared the crap out of me. There really isn't anything I can do right now, but when summer gets here, I am going to work really hard at getting him out on his own. With good supports.

I don't know how my sculpture class is going. I think I am learning. My painting class - well - I really hate one certain part of that class. Leaving. I mean it! I could stay there and paint all day. I'm sure of it. I still haven't finished even one painting, though I am getting close. I think I should win the lottery so I can stay home and paint all day. Maybe I could get committed - and spend all of my time painting. I actually have fantasized about suffering from a dissociative fugue. My brain never lets me forget. Anything. Ever.

Do you suppose that there will ever come a time when my life will actually be about me? Yes, I haven't written much because I have been in the January fog. I can feel it lifting a bit, but I'm not quite ok yet. Good things are happening all around me - and all I can do is watch. I am walking through molasses and I'm the only one who knows it. Ah - life.

Oh, and I'm glad Huckabee isn't leading.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Megan!
    Hope Zach finds some peace, and if it is his meds, hope they get sorted. My face is black and blue at the mo from a similar thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad side: My state produced a near 3-way tie between McCain, Romney, and Huckabee, with Huckabee ahead. Wretch.

    Good side: My state is solidly with Obama!

    ReplyDelete