Tuesday, December 23, 2008

3 As and an S means I have a BS

Ok, so there are a couple of -es after the As. I can't seem to get decent grades on finals. I don't know what it is, the final was no more difficult than any of the other tests (they rarely are), but I never do as well. I hope this doesn't transfer to the GRE. I wasn't nervous for this one. I did for this class what I do for all my other classes, and get good enough grades in the beginning to carry me through the final, and I knew I would pass. I just wasn't sure I would get the A. A - doesn't knock me out.

The theatre grade sucks. I'll have you know that up until Monday I had an A+. The teacher waited until Sunday to start grading our work. I don't know how he could have given a fair assessment of the work of 50 some people in one day. It would have been difficult. I don't know if it was the same for everyone else, but the grading included three essays, a group project, the assessment of our group, and several forums. So, in one day I went from A+ to A- and could do absolutely nothing about it. I will never take an online class again - especially not from that teacher.

So, that's it then. I worked hard and now I have a BS (I've always been full of BS, but now I have a degree to prove it!). Now, I need to find a job before they shut my power, water, and internet off. I have to have power for my computer and internet to work, but I might be able to live without water. (kidding)

I don't know how it is everywhere else, but here in Idaho, where the economy is supposed to still be strong, state taxes have been taking a dive, and, of course, the first programs to be cut are those that service poor and disabled people. Medicaid has been slashed. It's not pretty. I would be surprised if I will be able to find a decent job. I guess when you are down to $300, any job works.

So, there it is. I should celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What an awesome Winter Solstice gift for yourself.

    You know the joke? BS = bull$%^&; MS = more $%^&; and PhD = piled higher and deeper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a joke? Wow, all this time I was thinkin' it was a literal truth! ;)

    ReplyDelete