Friday, December 26, 2008

Idaho Road Conditions






It's too cold and dangerous to go out and take beautiful pictures of the snow today. And I would have a really hard time taking some of the beautiful pictures you can see on the Idaho Road Conditions site. Of course, these pictures were saved at the time, and will not look like this if you go to look now. I love this site.


I love it because it is useful, I know exactly what to expect if I need to travel somewhere in Idaho. But I really love it for the cameras. Sometimes I will spend an hour just looking at the pictures.

During the day, I like to look at the pictures on Teton Pass (just past the Idaho/Wyoming border on the way to Jackson Hole - not pictured here because it was too dark when I posted this) and watch the skiers come and go. I wonder if they know they are being photographed?

Some of the pictures are updated every few minutes, others are not updated quite so frequently. I guess if the weather gets too bad, the camera goes down, but that is to be expected.

I don't know if other states have a system like this. If I find them all, I can imagine I will spend many hours touring the country on my laptop. It is a lot of fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment